CK Science are recruiting on an exclusive basis for a Technical Manager to join an additives and ingredients manufacturing company at their site based in Epping, on a full time permanent basis.
The Company: Our client is a manufacturer of ingredients and additives that are supplied to the food, industrial, personal care, processing and pharmaceutical industries. They hold a number of accreditations including BRC, Kosher, Halal, RSPO and more. There is now an upcoming vacancy for a TechnicalManager to lead the team of 6, starting in February 2021. Reporting to the Managing Director, this role would suit an experienced people manager with experience in the food industry including hydrocolloids and ideally a chemical background, who has an outgoing personality, is able to drive with own transport and located locally to Epping. The company offers a salary in the region of £50-55,000 per annum depending on experience as well as 25 days holiday, pension scheme and life and medical insurance. Hours are 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
Location: This Technical Manager role is located in Epping, an easy drive from Harlow, Enfield, Chelmsford, Hatfield and other surrounding areas. Please note semi-regular travel will be required to the company's other site approximately 30 miles away.
Technical Manager Role: Your main duties will be to:
- Maintain, drive, supervise and implement, where required, robust technical standards, systems and processes in line with the company's operational vision.
- Strive for continuous improvement in all areas of the technical operation, guaranteeing compliance with relevant legislative and final product specifications for a food gum and hydrocolloid-based operation.
- Supervise a small R&D teamdeveloping applications for the product range.
- Lead, coach and develop the Quality Assurance Team and the R&D team, identifying and addressing training needs.
- Act as a key contact with customers on all technical issues.
- KPIs will clearly beaimed at minimising Quality issues and maintaining or improving the company's BRC grade of AA.
- Some travel to the company's manufacturing site for quality meetings will be expected.
- Frequent interaction both internally and externally with auditors/suppliers etc.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree or equivalent in Food Science/Chemistry or a related subject.
- Experienced people manager who is able to motivate and achieve results.
- Experience gained in a fast-paced food production environment preferably within the hydrocolloid or dry-goods sectors.
- Must have knowledge of food and feed legislation and food industry standards, and be familiar with Food Safety, Allergen Control, Microbiology, Quality Assurance, Kosher, Halal and RSPO.
- Must have experience as an auditor with a working knowledge of HACCP, BRC, FSSC 22000 and Internal Auditing Systems.
- Demonstrate a clear and engaging style of communication.
- Driving licence with own car.
For more information or to apply for this Technical Manager position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email email@example.com, quoting job reference 48937.
It is essential thatapplicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.