Are you a PhD qualified chemist with technical and people management experience in the coatings industry? If so this may be the role for you! I am recruiting for a Technical Manager to join a materials' coatings manufacturing company based in Greater Manchester, on a full time, permanent basis.
As Technical Manager you will be working with a coatings manufacturing company based in Greater Manchester. The company is able to offer a salary in the region of £45-50,000pa depending on experience, as well as a company car and pension scheme. Interviews will take place in August/September 2019 with the successful candidate starting ASAP. Please note that the minimum education level stated below, managerial experience, and proven coatings experience, are all pre-requisites for this role and candidates without these attributes will not be considered.
Further responsibilities of this Technical Manager will include:
- Technical management of the R&D and QC functions.
- Providing hands on cover when necessary.
- Management of new product development.
- Investigation of failed results/standards not being met.
- Project management.
- People management (4 direct reports).
- Problem solving - internal/customer/raw material supplier issues.
As a Technical Manager, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- PhD chemist - essential.
- Coatings background, paper and/or textile ideal but others considered - essential requirement.
- Managerial experience in a similar role (people and lab management) - essential requirement.
- Experience of print technology, especially print receptive coatings is very desirable.
- Proven track record in new product development.
- Proven experience of problem solving and providing strategic solutions.
- Complaint management and resolution experience.
- Willingness to work in a hands on capacity where necessary.
- Willingness to travel internationally with work.
- Project management skills.
- Experience of customer & supplier interaction.
- Must be able to drive.
- Ambitious, dynamic, energetic.
- Problem solver.
- Practical and hands-on.
For more information or to apply for this Technical Manager position please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46157 in all correspondence.