Technical Manager - West Midlands
Victoria Walker is recruiting for a Technical Manager to join a waxes and oils manufacturer based in the West Midlands, on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Technical Manager, you will be a part of the company's UK senior management team. The company is able to offer a salary in the region of £45,000 - £50,000 depending on experience as well as up to 15% bonus. Other benefits include pension, holidays, company mobile and workwear. Reporting to the General Manager, the Technical Manager will be responsible for the product development and quality teams and will effectively direct the work of the Technical Department to ensure that the company strategy is implemented into the technical function and an effective technical service is maintained and developed. This person will also provide longer term strategic technical input and will be an effective member of the management team and play an integral part in continuing to drive the business forward in its success.
Further responsibilities of this Technical Manager will be:
- Product development of new and existing products
- Maintaining of quality systems
- Supporting customers and the business with regards to costing down and improving existing products
- Some travel will be required as the Technical Manager will have responsibility for some of the overseas operations. Other potential travel within Europe
- To operate as part of the SMT
- Managing expenditure budget(s)
- Please note this is a hands on role in an open plan environment, and is not academic
- This person will have the opportunity to mould the team as they see fit
- Please note this list is not exhaustive; please contact CK for a full job description
As a Technical Manager, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in chemistry or chemically related qualification such as polymer science etc.
- Sound people management skills essential
- Proven PD experience within a related manufacturing industry. Oil/ wax/ polymers preferred however coatings/ paint/ lubricants/ general chemical manufacture considered
- Understanding of test methods required in these industries
- Sound commercial and customer-facing experience
- Willingness to travel·Some awareness of HSE dealings required
- Knowledge of QMS such as ISO9001 required
For more information or to apply for this Technical Manager position please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CH41221 in all correspondence.