Technical Manager - W. Midlands
Naynesh Mistry at CK Science is currently recruiting for a Technical Manager to join a world class manufacturer of personal care products, based in the West Midlands on a permanent basis.
Job Summary: Manage product development projects and technical programs for specific global contract customers to deliver the best net value products to the market in the shortest time possible, while complying with customer requests and all safety, environmental and regulatory mandates.
International travel is required and may involve weekend travel as well. Valid passport and drivers license are necessary.
As a Technical Manager you will:
- Lead and manage defined projects for Contract team customers
- Technically support customer-based specifications. This includes providing technical data for the completion of web based customer specifications, coupled with QA. This may include liaising with customers' technologists.
- Arrange challenge testing, efficiency testing, dermatological testing, ageing studies and other technical evaluations etc, within a time scale as necessary. This will involve interpretation and reporting of results.
- Investigate and instigate new testing methods to substantiate product performance and/or efficiency of a new or existing products or formulations, to support the development brief. This will involve liaising with external laboratories and consultants.
- Investigate and recommend testing methods and regimes where necessary to allow new products to be handed over to quality assurance.
- Maintain an awareness of competitor products.
- Provide technical information and support Sample Technicians when required. This includes product sample preparation.
- Ensure laboratory safety policies and guidelines are followed and carry out all laboratory work in a safe manner.
The successful Technical Manager will have the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
- BSc degree in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Science, Engineering (General) or Logistics from an accredited University.
- Experience in New Product Development in personal care
- Extensive experience in a project management, product development discipline.
- Proven project management skills. Global project management is a strong plus, but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with proven presentation skills to customers.
- Experience in managing wet wipes; personal care, household products or consumer products are a strong plus.
- Must have the ability to independently manage multiple projects on a global basis.
- Proficient in all PC programs: MS OFFICE, e-mail, internet and project timeline management software
- The associate in this position is expected to use project management, technical skills and education along with previous work experiences to support product development for specific UK customers. A high level of initiative and independent work style are expected in order to meet the aggressive timelines demanded by customers.
If successful you will be joining a a world class manufacturer of personal care products. This role comes with excellent benefits: Pension, Life Assurance benefit after 12 months service, Childcare Voucher Scheme, Discounted Gym Membership
To apply for this Technical Manager position contact Naynesh Mistry via email: email@example.com or telephone: 01246 457700 or please click on the link below.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH33881 in all correspondence.