Technical Manager- Manufacturing
Abbi Carmody at CK Science is recruiting for a Technical Manager to join a manufacturing company in the paper and supply chain industry at their site based in Moreton-in-Marsh on a permanent basis.
Our client is the UK's leading producer of double sided and differential release paper and release film.
This role is located in Moreton-in-Marsh. The site is commutable from Gloucester, Warwick and Oxford.
The Role: Involvement with all technical aspects of the company's products. The main areas being ensuring consistency of product quality, addressing and managing product failures addressing customer's quality complaints, development of release liner products.
Your main duties will be:
- Accountable for applying technical skills to ensure product quality meets customer expectations and our specifications consistently.
- To provide technical advice
- Accountable for maintaining and improving process controls that safeguard product quality. Raising and maintaining technical specifications and the administration of these documents.
- Participating in investigations of a technical nature on production machinery.
- Dealing with the technical aspects of customer complaints - i.e. investigating the validity of complaints; liaising with customer's and internal departments; raising and progressing corrective actions; written reports suitable for both internal and external use.
- Evaluation of raw material and customer supplied samples.
- Product development.
- Involvement in the design of new products within the company.
- Involvement in assessing the suitability of substitute raw materials and new raw materials.
- Assisting in the management and improvement of the technical department's quality control responsibilities - i.e. quality control of raw material, in process items and finished products testing and day to day trouble shooting on matters of a technical nature.
- Raising and overseeing trial production runs and following up by reporting of the outcomes.
- Responsible for investigating product failures, deciding courses of action to be taken with failed material - e.g. seek concession, rework, re-assign use or scrap. Raise corrective action if appropriate.
- Oversee that corrective actions are performed and completed.
- Keeping up to date with regulatory technical issues that may impact the company's activities.
- Attending customers and suppliers as and when required. This will include staying away on occasions and overseas travel.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Chemistry degree would be beneficial
- Manufacturing experience in a technical role
- Experience in a supervisory role.
- A strong knowledge of raw materials - silicones and types of paper and films. Experience of the release liner industry - e.g. adhesives, coatings.
- A good understanding of the type of plant and equipment used by the company. Some knowledge of relevant engineering would be beneficial.
- An understanding of customer raw materials and manufacturing methods
- Ability to work on own and to work in harmony with others to illicit the best from team working.
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and change.
- Computer literacy.
- Managerial people skills.
- Good report writing skills.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Abbi Carmody on 01246 457700 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 47409 in all correspondence.