Technical Manager- Lancashire
Natalie Wood is recruiting for a Technical Manager to join a leading chemical detergent manufacturer based in the North West of the country. This is a full time, permanent position working Monday- Friday.
Duties will include:
- Managing all product development and direct specific matters to the relevant personnel.
- Manage technical and packaging development.
- Provide technical/regulatory approval for all new product launches (label claims, safety information, use instructions).
- Liaise with customers, suppliers on all technical/regulatory aspects of new and existing products.
- Act as strategic interface between key stakeholders (marketing/sales, product supply) on product related technical/regulatory matters, ensuring their accurate reflection in product development.
- Manage the quality of all components to ensure effective end product.
- Manage the technical/regulatory aspects of our manufacturing site.
- Generation and maintenance of H&S Risk Assessments company-wide.
- Creation and maintenance of COSHH Assessments for both Raw Materials and Finished Products.
- Management of Raw Material supplier SDS, ensuring full compliance with REACH/CLP/GHS regulations.
- Responsible for the hiring and management of all Technical staff.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the laboratory and laboratory equipment and will make recommendations where appropriate to the Operations Director for major items of repair or renewal.
- Work with marketing personnel to prepare responses to technical, safety and regulatory related questions from trade, press, media, NGO's etc.
- Work with consumer services personnel to prepare responses to consumer product related complaints.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- BTEC 5/HNC minimum in a scientific discipline
- 3 year relevant experience
- Structured and analytical approach
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Good decision maker
- Quality management experience
- Technical audits of third parties
- Preparation and management of audits by customers or their representatives
- Application and use of QC, QA and general quality systems
- Preparation and implementation of raw material and finished product specifications
- Implementation of raw material safety data sheets/COSHH
- Good at planning and organising
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Natalie Wood on 01246 457700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH40865 in all correspondence.