Technical Manager, Greater Manchester
Victoria Walker at CK Science is recruiting for a Technical Manager to join a global innovation-focused materials and coatings manufacturer based in Greater Manchester, on a permanent basis. In return they are offering a competitive salary, a company car and a pension scheme.
Our client has successfully built up a solid reputation for product development due to their technical and manufacturing capabilities. They are currently recruiting for a Technical Manager to manage and oversee the new product development and other departments within the company.
Further responsibilities of this Technical Manager will include:
- Technical management of the R&D and QC functions
- Oversight of new product development & new product introduction
- Providing hands on cover when necessary
- Signing off of QC results
- Investigation of failed results/ standards not being met
- Checking of paper quality
- Project management
- People management (4 direct reports)
Their ideal candidate will have:·PhD chemist - strongly preferred; BSc or MSc (or equivalent) as a bare minimum
- Proven experience of problem solving and providing strategic solutions
- Managerial experience in a similar role (people and lab management) - essential requirement·Coatings background, paper and/or textile ideal but others considered - essential requirement
- Complaint management and resolution experience
- Willingness to work in a hands on capacity where necessary
- Willingness to travel internationally with work
- Project management skills
- Proven track record in new product development
- Experience of customer & supplier interaction
- Must be able to drive
They are an extremely team orientated company so are seeking an individual with the following personal attributes:
- Ambitious, dynamic, energetic
- Problem solver
- Practical and hands-on
As Technical Manager you will be working with a coatings manufacturing company based in Greater Manchester.
- Please note that the minimum education level stated above; managerial experience; and proven coatings experience, are all pre-requisites for this role and candidates without these attributes will not be considered.
- In addition to a competitive salary, the company offers a company car and pension scheme.
For more information or to apply for this Technical Manager position please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH33479 in all correspondence.