Team Leader (Physical Sciences) - Northern Ireland
Naynesh Mistry at CK Science is recruiting for a Team Leader to join a pharmaceutical manufacturing and CRO based in Northern Ireland, on a full time, permanent basis.
- To provide technical and personal development leadership to Physical Sciences team members. This role assumes an excellent understanding and experience of all scales of solid state chemistry.
- To provide hands-on technical leadership of multiple complex projects, in full compliance with HSE and QA policies and procedures.
Further responsibilities of this Team Leader will be to:
- Assist the Head of Physical Sciences in the daily running of the Laboratories and partake in all activities relevant to the operation of the laboratories.
- Act as an adviser to clients on solid state issues, both technical and legal, in the manufacture of drug substance and drug product
- Ensure that team members are working effectively towards their targets as set by the senior member of the Physical Sciences Team.
- Aid team members in their development by mentoring and training where required. Identify training needs and propose to line manager these needs. Encourage team members and maintain a high level of motivation within the team.
- On complex projects, fulfil the role of project manager to ensure that complex projects are met on time and to budget. Assess risk of proposed approaches and use this information in the decision making process.
- Provide hands-on technical and operational leadership on multiple complex projects.
- Perform all project work to ensure effective and efficient on budget, on time delivery of the required amount of product of the required quality.
As a Team Leader, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- MSc or PhD (or equivalent) in Chemistry, Science or a related discipline
- Provide technical expertise and support in the area of solid state analysis, material design, characterisation, selection and development
- Provide technical expertise in polymorphism and solid state issues to include, salts, hydrates, co-crystals and amorphous phases
- Provide technical expertise in crystallisation development
- Work in collaboration with customers to profile selected molecules/materials and risk assess for likely success for development into a product
- Work in collaboration with the customer to assess dosage form design based on material properties
- Expertise in data analysis and interpretation
- Provide assistance in preformulation and physical pharmacy studies
As Team Leader you will be working with a pharmaceutical manufacturing and CRO based in Northern Ireland.
- The successful candidate will ideally be based on site in Northern Ireland
- This role reports to the Head of Physical Sciences
- This role may involve travel on an international basis and it is a condition of your employment that you are able to fulfil this requirement
For more information or to apply for this Team Leader position please contact Naynesh Mistry on 01246 457700 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH33610 in all correspondence.