Synthetic Organic Chemist
Do you have industry-gained synthetic organic chemistry experience and are you looking for a new role? I am currently recruiting for a Synthetic Organic Chemist to join a process optimisation company based in Manchester, on a full time, permanent basis.
A leading provider of chemical optimisation services to the pharmaceutical industry, this company provides solutions that allow customers to make the best use of their available resources. This person will be responsible for undertaking chemical projects in order to produce results to the required quality and within the time and cost budgets allocated by the company, assist to oversee the overall scope of project delivery. The company offers a competitive salary depending on skills and experience, as well as 25 days holiday, pension, various additional benefits and also flexitime. This role would suit a Synthetic Organic Chemist who has gained relevant experience within an industrial setting. Some international travel will be required which will be project dependent.
Further responsibilities of this Organic Synthesis Chemist will be to:
- Carry out practical organic chemistry experiments as directed by Project Chemists and Team Leaders.
- Interpret results and suggest meaningful experiments to further the progress of the project.
- Contribute to the successful completion of projects to the highest professional standards.
- Work closely with Team Leaders, Project Chemists to ensure that project targets are met and toresolve any difficulties encountered in the project.
- Complete records in such a manner as agreed in Standard Operating Procedures active in the department at the time.
- Be prepared to travel when required such as for the purposes of technologytransfer, to another company or customer site.
- Provide assistance to the production department for any chemical processes which may require problem solving or the issuing of a deviation.
- Liaise with QC to plan analysis requirements for projects.
- Give instruction to Technicians working with the R&D laboratory in the interests of chemical processes, safety, quality, environment and hygiene.
- Please note that this is not an exhaustive list; please contact CK for a full job description.As a Synthetic Organic Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- BSc level degree or equivalent in chemistry - essential.
- Proven industry-based synthetic organic chemistry experience - essential.
- Experience gained within the API manufacturing industry - strongly preferred.
- Happy to travel internationally with work.
- Able to work extended hours on occasions when required.
- Must be proficient in use of MS Office, particularly Word and Excel, chemical structure drawing and literature searching tools such as Chemdraw, ACD Labs and Reaxys.
- Must be literate and numerate in the English Language and be a competent writer of technical reports.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. Formore information, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference number 49290