CK Group Science are recruiting for a Synthetic Development Chemist to join a manufacturing company in the chemical industry at their site based in Preston on a permanent basis.
The Company: Our client has over 30 years of experience in polyurethane and epoxy technology. Specialising in polyurethane dispersions and waterborne epoxy hardeners. They also supply coatings, adhesives and sealants all over the world.
Your main duties will be:
- Project planning and delivery - ensure project is kept on track, SIP reporting completed fully and product delivered on time to target.
- Assess the technical feasibility/commercial viability and design of new technology and products by conducting literature research, synthesis, characterisation and testing of advanced materials and chemical intermediates within the project brief.
- Ensure that practical work is reported/communicated effectively and professionally in a timely manner.
- Provide technical support and advice to Sales and Production
- Generate IP and ensure it is effectively protected (write IDF/patent)
- Provide a flexible, informative, prompt and professional approach to internal/external customers at all times
- Provide technical cover for absences in R&D/QCto ensure continued operation of the business
The ideal candidate for this role will have
- MSc/PhD Chemistry, polymer chemistry desirable
- Industrial experience with the coatings industry preferred.
- Experience conducting synthesis, testing, use of analytical equipment
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Synthetic Development Chemist position, please contact Natalie Wood on 01246 457723or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 50359.