Formulation Scientist - Crop Protection - Hampshire
Goretti Kalema is currently recruiting for a Formulation Scientist - Crop Protection in agrochemicals for a global research and development company committed to science and technology based at their site in Havant, Hampshire, on a full time permanent basis and a salary of £28,000 plus per annum dependent on experience.
The main purpose of your role will be to act as Project Leader on multiple studies within programs of work involving a range of formulation Development, Formulation Testing and GLP storage stability studies.
Further responsibilities of this role will include:
- Planning and developing allocated projects using available resources.
- Establishing, monitoring and controlling time and task schedules and budgets. Ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Acting as Study Director under GLP regulations and ensure all studies are conducted in full compliance with GLP regulations.
- Communicating promptly and effectively with customer organisations providing them with regular updates on project progress and requests for additional study costs.
- Training less experienced staff in various formulation techniques and methodologies. Typically manages a team of 1 or 2 technicians.
- Maintaining both formal and informal communications and relationships with clients including responsibility for reports and presentations.
- Conducting technical activities with minimal direction. Achieving high technical quality in assigned studies and projects and displaying problem solving capabilities for study related issues.
- Identifying, investigating and implementing new technologies which bring advantages to the quality or efficiency of study conduct.
You will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree qualified to BSc (Hons) level in Chemistry - 2.1 or above or a related scientific discipline or through extensive experience at the technical level in a closely related discipline.
- A minimum of two years' post-graduate industrial experience in a formulation development laboratory, with proven ability to develop crop protection formulations (or formulations for a similar industry sector).
- A proven ability to plan and conduct studies to a high standard, on time and to budget.
- Have extensive experience with formulation equipment, process & test methods.
- Ability to present simple findings to a diverse audience through a variety of media and platforms and training technical staff to high standards in compliance with GLP.
They offer a generous benefit package to all their employees incorporating a contributory person pension, private healthcare, flexible working hours, 25 days paid annual holiday and a performance related bonus scheme
For more information or to apply for this position please contact Goretti Kalema on 01438 842974 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST42116 in all correspondence.