Stem Cell Laboratory Manager
CK group are recruiting for a Stem Cell Laboratory Manager to join a leading stem call bank at their site based in West Sussex on a permanent basis.
Our client is an established private blood storage company in the UK established by clinicians and scientists passionate about the field of regenerative medicine.
This role is located in West Sussex and the site is easily commutable from Surrey, Sussex, Brighton, Crawley and surrounding areas.
The Stem Cell Laboratory Manager Role:
Your main duties will be to:
- Oversee the blood processing laboratory and be responsible for the day to day management of laboratory analysis, processing and storage and developing and implementing analytical procedures.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and performance by adhering to and establishing quality standards, developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures, ensuring staff compliance, certifying instrument performance and arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair.
- Maintain laboratory productivity by monitoring workload and be responsible for recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintaining quality results by performing proficiency surveys, reviewing quality control and quality assurance programs and making adjustments in policy and procedures.
- Maintaining the laboratory information system.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Educated to degree level or above inlife science or a related field with significant experience of working in a laboratory environment.
- A thorough knowledge of blood and tissue processing and ideally a background in cell culture, experience in a cleanroom laboratory, experience of Quality Management Systems and experience in equipment maintenance.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills and competent in managing a team of laboratory staff and office-based administration.
For more information or to apply for this Stem Cell Laboratory Manager position, please contact Mary Bolt on 01246 457729 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job ref 49990
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK