Are you an experienced Site Chemist looking for your next role? I am currently recruiting for a Site Supervisor to join a waste and environmental management company in at their site based in Norfolk, on a full time, permanent basis.
The Company:Our client is a well established waste and environmental management company with sites throughout the UK. They have created a new position for a Site Supervisor to assist the Site Manager with direction of workload. Responsible to the Site Manager, the successful Site Supervisor will be responsible for a number of Chemists and Operatives. This person will have responsibility and accountability for the safe, compliant and effective operations of the waste services site and will provide operational support to the site manager, ensuring process compliance, non conformance reporting and efficient site activities. The company offers a salary in the range of £21-30,000 depending on skills and experience, as well as some opportunity for overtime.Location: This role is located in Norfolk.
The Role: Your main duties will be:
- Promoting a culture of safety, compliance and engagement at the waste management centre
- Ensuring site waste operations are compliant with permits and operating licenses
- Delivering cost effective management of operations, contracts & services
- Ensuring all administration, paperwork and databases relating to current jobs are maintained and accurate to allow timely billing to the customer
- Identifying any maintenance issues and reporting to management to allow effective repair or replacement
- Supporting site chemists and operatives to facilitate site job processing both physically and paperwork
- Assisting management in development of the site infrastructure (effluent plant)
- Meeting with other site services (logistics and commercial) to plan inputs and outputs as part of weekly lookahead
- Assisting in site stocks removal identifying potential problematic wastes either through disposal hold ups or other delays
- Maintaining continuous professional development -wamitab
- Providing support and guidance during site audits by customers, regulators, internal colleagues or IMS assessors
- Standing in for site manager whilst away
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Hands on supervisory experience within the waste industry - essential
- WAMITAB COTC Level 4 Treatment / Transfer (or willingness to obtain)
- IOSH Managing Safely (desirable)
- Collaborative and supportive team management
- Ability to identify improvements
- Experience of working with teams in a technical environment
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46581 in all correspondence.