Sajra Hameed is recruiting for a Shift Site Chemist to join a hazardous waste management company based at their site near Cannock, on a full time, permanent shift basis. Please note that this is a shift role involving nights and working in the outdoors, not in a laboratory.
This leader in the environmental service industry is looking for a Site Chemist to work on a shift basis within a fast paced, challenging environment. You will join the waste management team and develop your professional skills in hazardous and non-hazardous waste management. The company offers a salary in the region of £22,500 - £25,000 pa dependent on experience, in addition to a shift allowance, and overtime payments. Graduates would start with a salary of £22,500pa and only candidates with proven waste experience will be eligible for the top bandwidth of the salary. This is a shift-based role working 40 hpw with the morning shift from 6am-3pm, the afternoon shift from 1pm-10pm and night shift from 10pm-6am. The night shift carries a 25% salary increase.
The site is based near Cannock and is commutable from Pelsall, Norton Canes, Aldridge, Great Wyrley and Burntwood.
As a Shift Site Chemist, the main purpose of your role will be:
- Ensuring incoming consignments of wastes have appropriate paperwork
- Ensuring incoming waste is inspected
- Working to 48-hour KPI for incoming loads to be accepted and associated paperwork passed over for post acceptance input onto Database system.
- Sampling of accepted waste to supply to internal laboratory for further analysis or to pass on to suppliers to confirm suitability for acceptance.
As a Shift Site Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- HNC or Degree Level Qualification in Chemistry or a similar related field - essential
- Experience in working in the Waste Sector - desirable
- Counter Balance Fork Lift Truck license - desirable
- IOSH Managing safely and dangerous goods advisor- desirable
- Classification and coding of wastes: WW3 - desirable
Apply: Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Shift Site Chemist position, please contact Sajra Hameed on 01246 457722 or email email@example.com.Please quote reference 50857.