Shift Site Operative x3, Merseyside
Victoria Walker is recruiting for 3x Shift Site Operatives to join a hazardous waste management company based in Merseyside, on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Shift Site Operative, the main purpose of your role will be to efficiently carry out operational tasks in a safe and compliant manner in accordance with Company Procedures and Standards along with all other available Guidance and relevant Law.
Further responsibilities of this Shift Site Operative will include:
1) Organisation and timely completion of allocated duties. 2) Ensure all work areas are safe, secure, clean and tidy by the end of each working day, including any Company transport used. 3) Assist in Operational duties as required by Management in line with all applicable Works procedures and guidelines available. 4) Reporting of Environmental/H&S/Operational issues arising ASAP. 5) Liaise with Operational/Technical and other departments as required to ensure activities performed efficiently, effectively and within legislative guidelines or the Law. 6) Involvement with maintenance/Operational/H&S issues arising on site, including remedial actions and reporting. 7) Ensure Operational records/reports and relevant documents are produced accurately and in a timely manner. 8) Any other reasonable task requested by Line or Senior Management. 9) Assist with the loading and unloading of vehicles when required. 10) Assist the Supervisors to ensure company objectives are met. 11) Provide cover for others during scheduled absence. 12) Legislation: Ensure have an up to date knowledge of relevant Works Procedures, and ensure law/guidelines are followed at all times. 13) Processes: Ensure reporting of Operational compliance/H&S and Environmental issues. 14) Other Departments: Ensure all communications are professional and consistent.
As a Shift Site Operative, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Educated to GCSE Standard or equivalent as an essential minimum-Experience in the waste management industry and/or chemical processing - strongly preferred
- Ability to operate plant equipment
- Ability to drive FLT - essential requirement, as is the ability to drive with own transport
- Good written and verbal communication
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Sound working knowledge of Transport/Site
- Operations/H&S/Scheduling practices
- Business Results: Productivity/organisational focus
- Working with people: Ability to receive instruction, Lone/Team working, Interpersonal skills.
- Customer Service & Quality: Customer Service abilities, quality approach
- Change focus: Adaptability, Initiative
- Good knowledge of Works procedures
- Excellent housekeeping
- Ability to set daily/weekly objectives and to manage oneself to meet objectives
- Team working
As Shift Site Operative you will be working with a hazardous waste management company based in Merseyside.
- 3 positions available
- Reporting to: Shift Manager
- Three shift pattern 06:00 - 15:00, 08:00 - 17:00, 15:00 - 24:00, rotating on a weekly basis, 5 days per week (Monday - Friday) and regular Saturdays available 06:00 to 12:00
- Overtime available
- Salary is £8.50 per hour - shift allowance is rolled in, not on top (circa £17,680 without overtime)
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Previous experience in a similar role and ability to drive a fork lift truck are both essential requirements; candidates without these will not be considered
- Please note that this role will be working in the outdoors regardless of weather conditions, and is a manual job.
For more information or to apply for this Shift Site Operative position please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH34553 in all correspondence.