Shift Site Chemist
Natalie Wood is recruiting for a Shift Site Chemist to join a hazardous waste management company based in Merseyside, on a full time, permanent basis. Please note that this is a shift role working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
As a Shift Site Chemist, the main purpose of your role will be to organise the company's in-coming waste loads acceptance and inspection in order to develop and maintain the highest possible standards; to organise the company's waste load routing, preparation and dispatch in order to develop and maintain the highest possible standards; to provide a technical management service to assist the Shift Manager in effectively controlling the site's strategic dispatch requirements; to help develop and run sites, effluent treatment and testing capabilities.
Further responsibilities of this Shift Site Chemist will include:
1) Organising and controlling the site’s analytical testing and assessment requirements including all EA/UU technical issues. 2) Organising acceptance and dispatch operations in line with the company’s ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 systems. 3) Identifying and reporting on opportunities and trends in the site’s technical control/analysis systems, so that the Company can effectively develop its continuous improvement programme. 4) Raising non-conformances on any incoming loads in line with BMS procedures immediately as they are identified. 5) Generating load/dispatch paper-work in line with company BMS and legislative requirements. 6) Organising all dispatch operations in line with agreed risk/compliance BMS systems. 7) Maintaining effective record keeping and documentation, to include the running of the site's stock control system, production records and in-process records. 8) Co-operating fully with colleagues in order to support the Company's efforts in business growth. 9) Providing technical advice support to the site management team towards achieving their respective targets and assisting in the appropriate training to ensure their satisfactory career development. 10) Ensuring that all work is carried out within the company’s BMS requirements.
As a Shift Site Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Educated to a minimum of HNC standard or equivalent in chemistry - essential requirement.
- Educated to Degree standard in chemistry preferred.
- Prior experience working in a similar role in the hazardous waste industry and handling hazardous wastes - strongly preferred, however if not then some experience of working in the outdoors.
- In depth appreciation and understanding of technical/chemical waste analysis, management operation and processes.
- Good organisation and planning ability.
- IT skills Excel / Word / Outlook.
- Good people skills with the ability to build up relationships both internally and externally.
- Effective listening skills along with excellent communication abilities are a necessity.
- Ability to drive with own transport - essential requirement.
As a Shift Site Chemist you will be working with a hazardous waste management company based in Merseyside.
- Reporting to: Technical Manager.
- shift pattern 06:00 - 15:00 and 13:00 - 22:00.
- Overtime available.
- Salary will be in the region of £21,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. Shift allowance is rolled in, not on top.
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Please note that this role will be working in the outdoors regardless of weather conditions; it is not a lab based position. It is a manual job and basic testing will be required.
- This person may be required to work away occasionally, packing waste at customers locations across the UK.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Natalie Wood on 01246 457700 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46464 in all correspondence.