Shift Site Chemist
CK Science are recruiting for a Shift Site Chemist to join a hazardous waste management company in based in Ilkeston, on a full time permanent basis. Please note that this is an outdoors-based role with work required in all weather conditions, and will also operate on a staggered shift basis.
The Company: Our client is a provider of chemical waste treatment, disposal and recycling services. Offering a competitive salary of circa £22,500, full training (including environmental legislation and regulation) will be provided. Shifts rotate on a weekly basis and the hours are 06.00 to 15.00, 08.00 to 17.00, 09.00 to 18.00 and 11.00 to 20.00, Monday to Friday. Weekend and night work will be required on a reasonable rota basis which will qualify for time off in lieu and/ or additional remuneration.
Location: Based in Ilkeston, the site is commutable from Nottingham, Derby and surrounding areas by road. Please note that the ability to drive with own transport is preferable in order tobe able to access the site at the times required.
Shift Site Chemist Role: Your main duties will be:
- Working in the outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Input control.
- Process authorisation.
- Some laboratory work.
Your Background:The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- HNC qualification or equivalent in Chemistry - minimum essential requirement.
- Preferably degree qualified or equivalent in Chemistry.
- Industrial or waste experience would be beneficial.
- Requires a hands-on person capable of mostly outdoor work (in an industrial environment).
- Driving licence required due to location of site and shifts.
Apply: Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Shift Site Chemist position, please contact Natalie Wood on 01246 457723 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 51986