Shift Site Chemist - Oxfordshire
Are you a chemistry graduate or an experienced site chemist looking for a new role? I am currently recruiting for a Shift Site Chemist to join a hazardous waste and environmental management company at their site based in Oxfordshire, on a full time permanent basis. Please note this role operates on a shift basis in the outdoors and requires someone able to drive.
The Company: Our client has a fantastic career opportunity at their hazardous waste transfer station facility. You'll join the hard-working, highly skilled and friendly team at their busy, industry-leading hazardous waste transfer station. The hours are 7am-4pm and 9am-6pm Monday to Friday, rotating on a fortnightly basis at a total of 40 hours per week. The company offers a competitive salary benefits include discretionary bonus, pension scheme, life assurance, holiday purchase scheme, cycle to work scheme, Health Cash Plan (e.g. dentist/ optician), discount scheme covering cinema and leisure attractions amongst others, and discounted gym membership.
Location: This role is located in Oxfordshire, easily commutable from Reading, Oxford and similar locations.
The Role: Your main duties will be:
- To help with the transfer station's day-to-day operation such as receiving incoming consignments of waste, checking documentation, completing waste transfer notes and raising non-conformances.
- Unloading and loading lorries, operating forklift trucks (training will be given) and inspecting, classifying and segregating waste deliveries.
- Keeping the site clean and tidy via sweeping and jet-washing etc.
- Listing, segregating and packing waste for collection by the Technical drivers on customer sites.
- Driving company vans to collect small consignments of waste.
- Shunting vehicles around the yard for unloading/loading of waste/containers.
- Assisting with contractor management within the site.
- Assisting in planning daily tasks for site operators.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Ideally degree qualified in chemistry or environmental science; HNC or equivalent in Chemistry as a minimum.
- Good chemistry knowledge - practical, hands-on, safety-conscious.
- Ideally experience of working outdoors, or an interest that involves being outside in all weathers.
- The work involves an element of physical labour and conditions can be uncomfortable e.g. working in a chemical protection suit.
- Full UK driving licence.For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email email@example.com . Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45002 in all correspondence.