Shift Site Chemist, Merseyside
Victoria Walker at CK Science is recruiting for a Shift Site Chemist to join a hazardous waste management company based in Merseyside, on a full time, permanent basis.
The responsibilities of this Shift Site Chemist will be:
- To manage and control the site's outgoing/incoming waste, ensuring compliance with all legislation.
- To manage waste input/dispatch operations in line with the company's ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 systems
- To ensure on site and onward disposal sites' pre-acceptance procedures are adhered to
- To manage and control waste traceability for wastes dispatched from site
- To ensure the site maintains effective retained samples in line with agreed risk management controls.
- To maintain effective record keeping and documentation including; consignment notes and internal documentation.
- Provide cover for other members of staff as required.
- To oversee Technical aspects of onsite processes to ensure they remain safe and compliant at all times.
As a Shift Site Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Chemistry HNC (or equivalent) or above - minimum educational requirement
- Prior experience in the waste industry - essential requirement
- Ability and willingness to train junior staff
As Shift Site Chemist you will be working with a hazardous waste management company based in Merseyside.
- This role will operate on staggered day shifts rotating on a weekly basis: 6am-3pm, 8am-5pm, 11am-8pm, as well as occasional weekends as required by the business
- This role reports to the Senior Site Chemist
- Please note that this role will be working in the outdoors regardless of weather conditions; it is not a lab based position. It is a manual job and basic testing will be required.
For more information or to apply for this Shift Site Chemist position please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457700 or email email@example.com . Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH33671 in all correspondence.