Shift Quality Control Technicians x2, Merseyside
Victoria Walker at CK Science is recruiting for 2x Shift Quality Control Technicians to join an additives manufacturing company based in Merseyside, on a full time, permanent basis. Please note that these roles will involve working shifts, including the night shift.
As a Shift QC Technician, the main purpose of your role will be to efficiently test designated raw materials, intermediates and finished goods in accordance with defined test schedules. To assist in root cause analysis and continuous improvement projects as requested. Throughput is such that the job holder will be required to prioritise the work load to accommodate the demands of production, despatch and goods-in functions.
Further responsibilities of this Shift Quality Control Technician will include:
- Efficiently testing colour and black products in accordance with documented test requirements ensuring required samples are collected and labelled appropriately and that product is passed off or issues highlighted in a timely fashion.
- Ensuring quality of finished pallets is to specification prior to passing off the pallet (physically and on the system).
- Prioritising and carrying out testing with regard to requirements of despatch and production.
- Prioritising and carrying out required raw material testing.
- Developing and maintaining a good working knowledge of test methods and test schedules.
- Developing and maintaining a good working knowledge of the product range, type and make up
- Maintaining accurate and timely QC records.
- Liaising with production staff and QC Manager with regard to QC status of products.
- Performing effective shift hand-overs ensuring QC service is seamless.
- Ensuring any non-conformances are recorded and acted upon promptly.
- Providing support for production trials, root cause analysis and improvement projects as requested.
- Operating to laboratory safe working practices and maintaining a clean & tidy workplace and any breakdowns are promptly reported and actioned.
- Actively seeking to improve laboratory working practices and methods.
- Identifying consumable purchasing requirements.
- Fulfilling any other reasonable responsibility or duty as identified or requested by the line manager or head of department.
- In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required
As a QC Shift Technician, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent in English, Maths and a science subject.
- Experience in a laboratory environment - essential requirement
- Ideally with experience within the plastics industry - strongly preferred
- Driving licence and own transportation - essential
- Experience of carrying out the following tests would be advantageous: Ash, moisture, bulk density, extrusion, colour matching
- Experience of multi-tasking and prioritising work load
As Shift QC Technician you will be working with an additives manufacturing company based in Merseyside.
- Please note that there are two positions available
- Work is Monday - Friday on a 3 shift rota (including nights), rotating on a weekly basis: 7am-3pm; 3pm-11pm; 11pm-7am
- Please note that someone able to drive with their own transport is essential.
- Full colour vision is an essential requirement for this role.
- The QC Technician reports into the QC Manager and is part of the Quality Team.
For more information or to apply for these Quality Control Shift Technician positions please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH33908 in all correspondence.