Shift Quality Control Technician
Do you have experience of working as Laboratory Technician or Assistant in a manufacturing environment? If so this may be the role for you! I am currently recruiting for a Shift Quality Control Technician to join a leading compound manufacturer based in the West Midlands. This position is on a full time, permanent basis and will include morning and afternoon shifts which rotate weekly. The early shift is 6am - 2.15pm Monday to Thursday and 6am - 1pm on Friday, and the late shift is 1.15pm - 9.30pm Monday to Thursday and 12.30pm - 7.30pm on Friday.
The site is easily commutable within the West Midlands and the company offers a salary of £18,000, with an additional shift allowance and a range of benefits.
As a QC Technician the main responsibility of the role will be to ensure that manufactured products meet the correct quality standards and to perform quality control testing of product batches and raw materials, as well as non routine testing.
Further responsibilities of this QC Technician position include:
- Testing production samples and raw materials, recording all results in an accurate manner.
- Logging and storing retained samples.
- Calculating corrections that need to be made in order for product to meet specification.
- Preparing sample requests.
- Checking the cleaning certificate of tankers in order to accept or refuse the tanker.
- Arranging type tests with external test houses.
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in the laboratory.
- Undertaking calibrations and recording results for the equipment.
- Placing orders for the consumable items required by the department.
- Assisting with audits.
- Maintaining accurate records.
- Attending training and train new laboratory personnel.As a QC Technician, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A Level standard or equivalent in chemistry and physics.
- Demonstrable experience of working as laboratory technician/assistant in a manufacturing environment.
- Good communication skills in English - both verbal and written.
- Highly numerate and literate.
- Ability to analyse data and solve problems in a methodical manner.
- Ability to carry out routine tasks consistently time after time with accuracy.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise in order to meet deadlines.
For more information or to apply for this Shift QC Technician position please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email email@example.com . Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46240 in all correspondence.