Shift QC Specialist
CK Group are recruiting for a Shift QC Specialist to join a company in the FMCG industry at their site based in Berkshire on a contract basis of 6 months. The hourly rate is £11.54 plus shift allowance of 21%.
The Company: As a global healthcare company, our client takes on some of the world's biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, they provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. They have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. They are committed to widening access to their products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay.
Location: The Maidenhead site is one of the most advanced operations of its kind in the world, part of the company's global manufacturing and supply (GMS) chain. This site is dedicated to the production of oral healthcare brands such as Aquafresh, Sensodyne and MacLean's, producing in excess of 400 hundred million tubes of toothpaste and 18 million bottles of mouthwash per year. It runs 24/7 to supply toothpaste, mouthwash and creams to over 20 countries worldwide. The key processes used at the site involve raw material transfer (powders and liquids)/ mixing (shear thinning principles)/ product pumping and distribution and packaging.
The main purpose of the role will be to:- Ensure all materials and components used or produced meet specification to support the release of finished products or raw materials.
- Support the delivery of raw materials by tankers, with sampling, analysis, and approval to off-load.
- Work within the defined systems and procedures to ensure compliance with company polices and regulatory standards.
- Ensure customer service levels are met and issues are communicated as soon as possible.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry or related discipline.
- Previous experience of working in an industrial laboratory is essential.
- Previous analytical testing experience using ion chromatography, HPLC, dissolution, wet chemistry testing amongst others, would be beneficial but training will be provided.
- Knowledge and understanding of GMP, Quality, and Health & Safety processes is advantageous.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a multi national company in the Berkshire region.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Julie on 01438 723500 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46297 in all correspondence.