Shift QC Microbiology Analyst
CK Group is recruiting for a Shift QC Microbiology Analyst to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Swords, Dublin on a contract basis for 11 months and has an hourly rate of €31 PAYE with a 33.3% shift allowance.The Company:
Our client has a long history of pushing the boundaries of science in order to help fight some of the worlds most urgent global health challenges. This role is based at a state of the art biologics operation where they formulate and fill vaccines and biologic products.
This role is located in Swords, a historic satellite town of Dublin. Swords is located very close to Dublin airport and has excellent road and public transport links to Dublin City and surrounding areas.
- Perform supporting activities for general lab readiness, laboratory equipment qualification and method transfers.
- Perform and carry out a variety of routine microbiological analytical techniques including but not limited to environmental monitoring, WFI testing, growth promotion testing, In-process product testing, Final product testing such as bioburden and both Kinetic turbidimetric and MCS rapid endotoxin testing in compliance with GMP requirements.
- To integrate and complete all documentation on time and be familiar with LIMS.
- To train and be trained in the use of Rapid microbiology techniques including but not limited to endotoxin testing, water bioburden testing, E.M testing, absence of bioburden testing and identification testing.
- Follow up-to-date analytical practices with reference to pharmacopoeias, specifications, regulations and industry standards.
- To update SOP's and write protocols as required.
- Support the laboratory testing schedule to achieve an efficient QC system.
- Receive and manage samples that come into the lab for stability, in-process and release testing.
- Reagent preparation, cleaning, and routine equipment maintenance.
- Maintain good housekeeping and GLP within the laboratory.
- Calibrate and maintain all designated laboratory instruments.
- Participate in risk assessments, inspections, audits, incident investigations, etc. and implement and follow-up on corrective / preventative measures.
- Ensure training is current for all job functions performed.
- Assist in training new QC Analysts on routine procedures and practices.
- Order, stock and receive laboratory supplies.
- Maintain data integrity and ensure compliance with company SOPs, specifications and cGMP regulations.
- Responsible for driving a culture of Continuous Improvement by deploying MSD Six Sigma tools.
To be considered, you should have the following key skills, knowledge and experience:
- Good aseptic technique and awareness of contamination control.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Industry experience with significant knowledge and experience in working in a microbiology lab unit and working with contract labs.
- Experience in compendial testing for water and environmental monitoring in clean room environments.
- Working knowledge of QC Systems (Empower, LIMS, Trending systems.)
Please note this contract will be offered on a 4 days on 4 days off shift basis with 40 hours per week required.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Natasha Young on 01246 457739 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 47171 in all correspondence.