Shift QC Analyst x2 (Chemicals) - West Yorkshire
Robert Walker is recruiting for a Shift QC Analyst (West Yorkshire) to join a leading speciality chemical manufacturer based in Halifax. This is a temporary position with an initial contract duration of 3 months with possible extensions.
Initial training will be provided on day shifts with 40 hours per week. The actual shift pattern for this role will be: nights and weekends 10 hour shifts over 4 days.
Your main responsibility in this QC Analyst role will be to provide analytical services for the analysis of finished products, highlighting and helping to solve any non-conformances.
Further responsibilities of this position will be to:
- Maintain analytical equipment and act as a first point of contact for technical issues.
- Perform equipment calibration and maintain records.
- Ensure that all laboratory work is carried out with due regard to Health, Safety & Environment guidelines.
- Ensure that raw material, intermediates and finished products are tested as required by the site Quality system.
- Ensure that samples of intermediates and finished products are retained and recorded as required.
- Ensure that correct records of all analytical results are retained.
- Give instructions to Operators during batch processing based on analytical results.
- Help develop new analytical techniques and adapt techniques to allow analysis to proceed.
- Maintain specialist analytical equipment, (HPLC,GC, IC and related technical computer equipment).
- Carry out on the job training of Shift Operators in the techniques used for in-process testing.
- Input analysis data into LIMs and SAP as required.
- Carry out any other reasonable request.
As a QC Analyst you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Qualified with a degree (or equivalent qualification) in a relevant scientific discipline e.g analytical chemistry.
- Experience in an industrial lab using a range of analytical equipment.
- Experience in QC analysis .
- Excellent time management.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Robert Walker on 01246 457724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44401 in all correspondence.