Shift Production Manager - 12hr shifts - Leics.
Victoria Walker is recruiting for a Shift Production Manager to join a manufacturer of adhesive materials at their site near Leicester, on a full time, permanent basis.
The company has been running for over 50 years and have a number of sister sites in the UK and abroad. Manufacturing a range of adhesives and materials, the award-winning company is also ISO9001 accredited. The company has recently gone through a period of change and therefore the Shift Production Manager will have the opportunity to make their mark. The requirement for a Shift Production Manager attracts a salary in the region of £30-33,000pa depending on skills and experience. Benefits include a bonus scheme, pension, private health insurance, death in service and more. This person will cover the main responsibilities of Health & Safety; Quality; Process Flow & Materials; and Plant. They will be responsible to the Operations Director.
This Shift Manager will manage the production area of the site responsible for manufacturing the adhesives and coatings required to coat the material.
- Manages 12-15 staff
- 2 shift system: ·12 hour days & nights rotating weekly
- H&S risks on site include powders (potentially flammable), large ovens, etc.
The responsibilities of this Shift Production Manager will be:
- To ensure that the safety of all staff working in the relevant Department is assured at all times.
- To ensure that the quality of product produced is of the required standard and that yields are maximised.
- To ensure that work orders are completed in accordance with the production schedule agreed with the Planning & Materials Department.
- To manage the flow of materials and all product transportation methods, enabling all production processes to operate as required.
- To ensure that the department is managed to ensure the required levels of plant availability.
- To ensure that the shift has the right blend of skills, experience and capabilities available at all times.
- Please note that this is not an exhaustive list; please contact CK to request a full job description.
As a Shift Production Manager, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Sound industrial production management experience and able to demonstrate an open and inclusive approach
- Experienced in the management of operator driven multi-stage production processes
- Microsoft Excel literacy
- Able to implement change while being engaging and open
- Happy to take on a challenge, innovative and enthusiastic
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to identify and communicate risk (Service, Quality, Health & Safety and Financial)
- Ability to recommend and implement plans and actions to mitigate risk
- Excellent organisational skills
- Computer literacy and numeracy skills
- Good analytical and reporting skills
For more information or to apply for this Shift Production Manager position please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email email@example.com . Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH39981 in all correspondence.