Shift Analytical Chemist
CK Science are recruiting for a Shift Analytical Chemist to join a contract testing company operating in the petrochemical industry at their site based in Middlesbrough, on a full time, permanent basis. Please note this is a shift role including nights.
The Company: Our client is a global leader in analytical and certification services. Their high professional standards and sustainability approach guarantee a future-oriented work environment. They invest in their employees for the long term and are committed to supporting development within the company. The successful Shift Analyst will be responsible for performing sampling and analysis to recognised international methods and local documented procedures. You will be required to deliver consistently high standards of analytical performance whilst ensuring the laboratory meets ISO 17025 requirements. You will receive a competitive salary depending on experience, plus bonus, retail discount scheme, private health cover, contributory stakeholder pension scheme and life cover. Hours are 45 hours per week on a shift basis likely to include nights and weekends.
Location: This Shift Analytical Chemist role is located in Middlesbrough and is commutable from Darlington, Stockton, Hartlepool, Redcar and surrounding areas.
Shift Chemist Role: Your main duties will be to:
- Test work and reporting to be carried in line with the requirements of the laboratory standard ISO 17025.
- Perform calibrations and maintain equipment in order to ensure that reported results are accurate and delivered on time in line with customer requirements.
- Demonstrate compliance to all test methods, procedures and quality systems as there are essential criteria for UKAS accreditation.
- Liaise with Laboratory Manager if a problem with equipment, methods or samples occurs and initiate corrective actions to ensure continuity of service.
- Maintain organised and auditable systems of work to permit traceability and ensure compliance with UKAS accreditation.
- Resolve client enquiries in a timely and effective manner to ensure consistency of service delivery and agreed contractual obligations.
- Provision of reports to Laboratory Supervisor to assist in service, standards and delivery.
- Work in a flexible manner/shift pattern.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of the industry-related analysis (Oil & Gas and Chemicals) encompassing a broad spectrum of methods and analysis including all routine standard testing performed.
- Good knowledge of chemistry, international analytical standards, operational procedures analytical equipment and methods such as IP, ASTM.
- Preferably HND qualified in Chemistry or above.
- Proficiency in use of LIMS (Cclas) systems.
- Ability to work and plan work with minimal supervision, often for extended periods.
- A thorough understanding of the significance of the tests conducted, and the importance of providing a high level of customer service.
- Previous experience of working in a UKAS testing laboratory, meeting exacting process and client demands.
- Full driving licence.
Apply: For more information or to apply for this Shift Analytical Chemist position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job reference 48323.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.