CK Group are recruiting for a Senior Technologist to join a global materials manufacturing company based near Wigan, on a full time, permanent basis.
The Company: Our client is a global leader in manufacturing glass for architectural, automotiveand technical sectors. They strive to be the best innovator of high-performance glass and glazing solutions. They now have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Technologist to join who would be responsible for developing new coated products and processes. They offer a competitive salary of £30,000- £42,000 depending on experience, along with excellent benefits including 25 days holiday, flexible working hours, company pension and continual professional development.
Location: The Senior Technologist will be based at the company's site near Wigan, easily commutable by road from Merseyside including Liverpool, Ormskirk, Skelmersdale and Manchester. Please note a full UK driving licence and car ownership is required due to the company's location.
Senior Technologist Role: Your main duties will be:
- Develop new coated products and processes
- Investigate new coatings deposited by sputter coatings
- Responsible for projects ranging from short term to long term research projects- Responsible for the deposition and screening of new coatings using laboratory equipment
- Evaluate performance of coatings using tests
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Degreequalified or equivalent in chemistry, physics, math or materials science - essential
- Able to work across multi national/function project teams using a stage gate development process
- Experience with large area thin film coating technology
- Familiar with large area coating equipment
- Full UK driving licence and car ownership - essential
- Willingness to travel abroad
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Senior Technologist position, please contact Sajra Hameed on 01246 457712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 51985.