Senior Teaching Fellow
Rob Walker at CK Science is recruiting for a Senior Teaching Fellow to join a university at their site based in Warwick on a contract basis.
The main purpose of the role will be to support on Curriculum Development.
- To develop curriculum and related materials and resources for international pre-university foundation programmes and other professional development programmes and all related aspects including admissions, quality assurance, student support, monitoring and evaluation
- To contribute high quality CPD training, contributing to the subject teaching and the professional development of staff.
- To design teaching material and deliver either across a range of modules or within a subject area.
- To use appropriate teaching, learning support and assessment methods.
- To supervise student projects, field trips and, placements, where appropriate.
- To identify areas where current provision is in need of revision or improvement.
- To contribute to the planning, design and development of objectives and material.
- To set, mark and assess work and examinations and provide timely feedback to students.
- To routinely communicate complex and conceptual ideas to those with limited knowledge and understanding as well as to peers using high level skills and a range of media.
- To have academic ownership for modules.
- Where required, to act as the leader of an element of study (such as a course, module, programme, etc), usually to a limited degree for example where it is a small programme.
- To challenge thinking, foster debate and develop the ability of students to engage in critical discourse and rational thinking.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Honours degree or equivalent in an appropriate subject.
- PhD qualification or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of UK and international education policy, specifically in relation to higher education, schools and teacher education
- Proven ability and achievements in curriculum development and experience of designing curriculum for International Baccalaureate, competency/skills/creative based curricula.
Proven ability and achievements in teaching and providing CPD training.
Experience and knowledge of working in an international education context with a wide range of stakeholders in a complex environment.
- Ability to use a range of delivery techniques to enthuse and engage students, teachers and other stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances and work to challenging and demanding timescales whilst maintaining, excellence in teaching and learning.
- Experience of working with stakeholders from a range of cultural backgrounds including faculty and teaching staff from the 7 higher education sector.
- Familiarity with a variety of strategies to promote and assess learning.
- Effective communication (oral and written) skills, presentation and training skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on teaching programmes and administrative tasks.
- Engaged in and committed to ongoing continuous professional development.
- Understanding and appreciation of equal opportunity issues as they may impact on areas of teaching.
- Experience of working in consultancy/private sector in international education.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Rob Walker on 0114 283 9956 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH32544 in all correspondence.