CK Group are recruiting for a Senior Scientist to join a water technology company at their site based in Cheshire on a permanent basis. The role offers a salary of £30-40,000 per annum depending on experience.
The Senior Scientist will be experienced in managing projects from proof of principle through to scale-up and commercialisation, with hands-on laboratory R&D experience through to supervising a small team of scientists. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of their allocated projects, in order to ensure technical delivery against customer driven KPI’s.
The Company: Our client is a leading developer of membrane technologies designed to significantly reduce the cost and environmental impact of water treatment
Senior Scientist Role: Your main duties will be:
- Development of new functional coatings for porous substrates, especially polymer and ceramic membranes.
- Engage with raw material suppliers, building collaborative relationships.
- Evaluation of raw materials through testing and effective communication with suppliers and internal team.
- Refinement of existing coatings by building on desirable properties or development of entirely new coatings.
- Act as the point of contact for a number of projects.
- Develop robust coating / printing processes, which are well understood and repeatable. An understanding of statistical quality control tools is desirable.
- Maintaining compliance with regulatory and safety matters on an application and geographical basis.
- Maintaining laboratory consumables and chemical stock.
- Display excellent communication skills for both internal and external stakeholders.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- BSc / MSc in chemistry, material science or a related subject
- Ph.D. qualified in a relevant field (desirable)
- 3-5 years experience in running research and development programmes
- 2 years experience managing a small team
- Demonstrable working knowledge of formulation, coatings and membrane filtration (desirable)
- Confident and clear communicator at ease delivering results informally to colleagues and formally in presentations
- Proactive in updating supervising staff members.
- Excellent and organised project manager
- Ability to influence internally and externally, to ensure project success
- At ease working in groups, individually or with industrial collaborators
- Quick learner, able to adapt to a rapidly changing, innovative environment
- Ability to think critically and solve problems against time pressures
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety
- A knowledge of membrane separation is highly desirable, although candidates without experience are encouraged to apply.
- It is expected that the successful Senior Scientist will perform tasks outside of their job description as our young company expands and evolves, so it is essential that they are collaborative with a strong desire to achieve success as part of a team.
- Salary of up to £40k, depending on experience
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Relocation package (where applicable)
- Company share option scheme membership
- Company pension schemeApply: Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Senior Scientist position, please contact Natalie Wood on 01246 457723 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 51359.