Senior Scientist Translational Research
Mary Bolt at CK Science is recruiting for a Senior Scientist Translational Research to join a biotechnology company developing cutting edge gene therapies at their site based in Central London on a permanent basis.
Our client are an exciting and expanding biotech developing gene therapy techniques for drug delivery.
This role is located in central London so is easily commutable via public transport from the London area or surrounding counties.
The Role:Your main duties will be to:
- Develop, validate, transfer and troubleshoot immunoassays and cell-based assays internally and at contract research organisations and provide scientific oversight to contracted immunoassays including review of validation protocols and reports.
- Develop close and effective partnerships with other nonclinical and clinical pharmacology scientists, safety scientists, research scientists, clinicians and project teams to foster a collaborative work environment.
- Complete projects and prepare reports appropriate for internal or external parties within agreed timelines and prepare presentations and represent research internally and externally.
Further responsibilities will include to:
- Evaluate new assay technologies and other applications for improved performance and efficiency of laboratory activities.
- Maintain awareness of current developments in the field through comprehensive reading of the literature and attendance at appropriate scientific meetings.
- Represent Translational Research within multidisciplinary project teams and assist and/or train others when appropriate.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Been educated to degree level or above in life science with relevant biotechnology industry experience as well as working knowledge and hands on experience with a wide range of cellular and biochemical immunoassays and state-of-the-art molecular biology techniques.
- Experience with bioanalytical method development, validation and troubleshooting of immunochemistry and immunoassay techniques including multiplex approaches e.g. Luminex or MSD platforms.
- Demonstrate scientific creativity, critical thinking, and analytical problem-solving skills, with a strong track record of research productivity as evidenced by high-quality publications and excellent collaboration, communication and decision-making skills.
- Experience with guidelines and/or working in a GLP/GCP compliant environment.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Mary Bolt on 01438 768717 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46853 in all correspondence.