Senior Scientist - Immunology - Birmingham
Naynesh Mistry has an exciting opportunity and is recruiting for a Senior Scientist or a Team Leader, to join a leading specialised medical diagnostic company based in Birmingham on a permanent basis. Our client engages in the research, development, manufacture, and distribution of immunodiagnostic assays for the laboratory market.
Key criteria for this role is:
- Protein chemistry - Strong industry experience in this field.
- Immunology experience.
- Mentoring/Supervisory skills.The successful candidate will be able to apply their high level of protein chemistry knowledge and be responsible for helping in the coordination of root cause investigation for production improvement and support activities i.e. so that fewer diagnostic kits are out of stock, and improvements in processes are achieved.
The post holder will be expected to focus on issues pertaining to the protein chemistry, stability and purification, as well as having project ownership of a series of Root Cause Investigations (RCI).
- Experienced Scientist with proven experience within Pharma/IVD and immunoassays or protein purification.
- Must come from a Protein Chemistry (SDS PAGE, Western blotting, Mass Spec) laboratory background.
- Must possess Team Leading/Supervisory experience.
- Immunology background.
- BSc/MSc in Chemistry (or related scientific discipline) is essential.
- Experience in Protein Chemistry (SDS PAGE, Western blotting, Mass Spec).
- Comprehensive experience of working in a laboratory environment.
- Experience in a IVD/Pharma environment.
- Higher Degree (e.g. PhD).
- Strong understanding in GMP, GLP, GCP, GxP.
- Strong method development and validation of assays experience.
- Experience of analytical testing support for chemicals and compoundst.
To apply for this position contact Naynesh Mistry on 01246 457703 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45104 in all correspondence.