Senior Scientist - Hertfordshire
CK Group is recruiting for an Analytical Chemist to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Stevenage on initially a 6 month contract basis with strong potential for being extended further.
The Company: Our client is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company that combines both individual talent and technical resources to create a platform for the delivery of strong growth in a rapidly changing healthcare market. Their mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
Location: This role is located in Stevenage which has excellent commuting links to London (30 minutes) and the North. A mixture of new and old, the town has an abundance of history and social activities, restaurants, bars, cinema complex and leisure park.
Your main duties will be to:
- Operate laboratory equipment such as HPLC and GC.
- Execute experiments based on established written or unwritten protocol and carry out basic interpretation of results with minimal supervision.
- Communicates data and results in technical memos/reports.
- Role may involve method development and validation.
- The ideal candidate for this role will have a theoretical and practical scientific knowledge typical of a BSc Chemistry degree (or equivalent) and/or a combination of education and experience.
- You will have recent analytical techniques experience which will include HPLC and ideally some GC although GC training can be offered.
- In this role you will be given the opportunity to gain project exposure in a very busy department. You must be able to adapt to working on different projects and work to a fast pace.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Heather on 0191 3848905 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45746 in all correspondence.