Senior Scientist - Greater Manchester / Lancashire
Victoria Walker is recruiting for a Senior Scientist to join a global innovation-focused materials and coatings manufacturer based in the Greater Manchester/ Lancashire area, on a permanent basis.
Our client has successfully built up a solid reputation for product development due to their technical and manufacturing capabilities. A smaller UK component of a larger organisation with a $1Billion turnover and circa 3,000 employees, the Senior Scientist will work closely with sales and marketing as well as manufacturing departments to develop new products with high sales potential and with robust manufacturing processes. This person will lead technical innovation in new technology and new product development, reporting to the Head of R&D. The company offers a salary based on qualifications and experience of between £35-£45,000pa, in addition to a pension and bonus scheme.
Further responsibilities of this Senior Scientist will include:
- Working with internal and external resources to develop new technology for the company
- Working closely with sales and marketing to understand market and customer needs and translate the needs to technical requirements for new product development
- Develop new product development project plan and manage the project by following new product development process
- Conduct new product design, formulation, test method development and testing, production trial and product validation with customers
- Support Manufacturing and Quality in problem solving and business improvements
- Produce technical reports and present results through presentation
- Provide technical support and product training to internal functions, business partners and customers
Their ideal candidate for the Senior Scientist will have the following skills and experience:
- PhD qualified strongly preferred; BSc (or equivalent) as a bare minimum - essential - in Textile Science preferably, otherwise Paper Science, Polymer Science, Chemical Engineering or similar
- Considerable significant industrial experience with products and processes in a manufacturing environment - essential
- Knowledge and working experience of cloth and/or cellulose based materials, polymer materials, water based coating and web processes
- Project management skills and experience
- Proven track record in new product development
- Ability to learn new product development skills and test techniques
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Willingness and ability to travel - up to 20% both within the UK and internationally
- Must be able to drive
They are an extremely team orientated company so are seeking an individual with the following personal attributes:
- Problem Solving -Written Communication
For more information or to apply for this Senior Scientist position please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457700 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH37873 in all correspondence.