Senior Research and Development Engineer / Chemist
Victoria Walker at CK Group is recruiting for a Senior Research and Development Engineer / Chemist to join a leading colour and additives manufacturing company based in Merseyside, on a full time, permanent basis.
Part of a global group, this company is the market leader in their range of products and has a well-equipped site Lean site in Merseyside. The company are now looking for a Senior R&D Engineer or Chemist to add support to the Technology Development Team. The primary responsibility of the Technology Development Team is to support the new technology development strategy and providing technical support to the company's existing technology base. The Senior R&D Engineer / Chemist will be responsible for designing and conducting experiments toward the development or improvement of new additive products focusing on products for application in the extrusion and moulding processes, and will define, implement and deliver agreed development projects by making effective use of all available resources and be responsible for developing testing plans, procedures, data analysis and communication of results to the business. The company are offering a salary in the region of £25-45,000pa depending on experience. Hours will be 9-5.30 Monday to Friday and the company is specifically looking for someone based locally to the site (within circa 20 miles).
Further responsibilities of this Senior Research and Development Engineer/ Chemist will be:
- Leading development of new products adhering to customer specifications, quality, and operational goals and standards.
- Proactively working with the relevant regional technical teams to ensure that new products / technology is rolled-out in a timely manner complete with the necessary best-practice guidelines and ensure that any product modifications necessary for success are implemented.
- Contributing to product platform development through application of statistical experimental design, product testing, and data analysis.
- Supporting marketing and sales through development of new products
- Partnering with manufacturing resources to establish quality and testing conditions for new materials
- Presenting technical work to customers and various levels of management as required.
As a Senior Research and Development Engineer / Chemist you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Strong science/materials background, educated to at least BSc level or equivalent in Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
- Proven industrial relevant experience working within an R&D department in a chemical / plastic industry with focus on product development.
- Experience with extrusion and injection moulding - essential
- Strong analytical skills as well as technical writing, research and project management.
- The candidate will be a self-motivated individual with the ability to manage their own time and priorities and work both independently and together with the team.
- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
For more information or to apply for this Senior R&D Engineer or Chemist position please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457700 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH35411 in all correspondence.