Senior Formulation Development Chemist - Halifax
Natalie Wood and Victoria Walker are recruiting for a Senior Formulation Development Chemist to join a chemicals manufacturing company based in Halifax, on a full time, permanent basis. This role would suit an experienced formulation chemist with a background in chemicals, personal care, FMCG or similar chemicals- or materials-related industries.
The company offers a salary in the range of £25-28,000pa depending on experience, and is keen to find an experienced formulation chemist with proven experience of innovating, bringing formulation products to market as well as having supervised junior staff. There is the possibility of progression in this role to Lab Manager level in the future. Benefits include 25 days holiday + bank holidays, pension and a good bonus scheme. ISO9001 and 14001 certified, the company manufactures a range of additives and is currently going through expansion. Reporting to the R&D Manager, the main role of the Senior Development Chemist is to supervise the development team, work closely with marketing, suppliers and production teams managing development projects from initial concept to final approval and production into the marketplace.
Further responsibilities of this Senior Formulation Development Chemist will be to:
- Develop new products
- Allocation of new projects
- Plans own experiments and project work
- Scales up own formulations
- Updates the master templates and ensures that formulations are recorded and updated on the sage system
- Supervises production batches when required
- Ensures that material safety data sheets (MSDS) are produced and updated where necessary
- Updates the label system with new products
- Liaises closely with sales and production teams to update and be updated with any changes or requirements of new products
- Ensures reactors and laser analyser are maintained and lab equipment are calibrated regularly to conform to quality regulations
- Ensures lab consumables are always available
As a Senior Formulation Development Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Must be qualified to degree level or equivalent in Chemistry - essential - ideally polymer based
- Significant proven industry experience in formulating, innovating, bringing products to market
- Demonstrable supervisory experience
- Knowledge of specifications, regulations and technical writing
- Is self driven and has perseverance
- Is proactive
- Is good at problem solving
- Has good attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach
- Has initiative to take 'ownership' of own projects
- Ability to work on multiple projects and issues simultaneously to meet deadlines
- Is computer literate
- Has excellent communication skills
- Is results oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit
For more information or to apply for this Senior Research and Development Chemist position please contact Natalie Wood on 01246 457700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CH42475 in all correspondence.