Senior Research Biologist
CK Group are currently recruiting for an In Vitro Research Biologist to join a dedicated team of scientists providing an outsourced service to the in vitro biology function of the drug discovery unit within a multinational pharmaceutical company based in Hertfordshire. This role is at the client's custom built facility which houses R&D, Clinical and Manufacturing business units under one roof and is commutable from London, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire. The role is offered on a fixed term contract basis until April 2023 with a competitive salary and other benefits. This contract will likely be extended.
Our client has more than 11,000 people worldwide with operations in the U.S., Asia, Europe & Japan and is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical companies. They define their corporate mission as "giving first thought to patients and their families, and to increasing the benefits health care provides".
In Vitro Research Biologist Role:
As an In Vitro Research Biologist, you will be working within the biology function focusing on the development and utilisation of complex cell-based assays for drug identification and pharmacological profiling. You will be working across multiple drugdiscovery projects, both internally and in collaboration with external groups from academia and industry, from very early phase drug discovery through to the clinic. As such, knowledge and experience of cell maintenance, assay development, compoundprofiling and results presentation, are essential.
Other duties will include:
- Designing/carrying out experiments and independently interpreting/presenting data to drive drug development progression.
- Developing and validating new cell-based assays systems and analytical approaches using human derived cells.
- Presenting concepts, facts and approaches to internal parties to advise of key outcomes.
You are required to have the following qualifications, skillsand experience:
- PhD in Biological/Biochemistry or related discipline. BSc / MSc with relevant industry experience.
- Relevant lab-based experience, either within academia or the pharmaceutical drug discovery with strong understanding of Molecular Biology and recombinant protein.
- Excellent hands-on working knowledge of a wide range of in vitro biochemical and cellular techniques (e.g. cell culture, microscopy/imaging, molecular biology, antibody, protein and enzyme techniques).
- Knowledge and experience of assay development and working with in vitro systems for drug discovery.
- The ability to design, schedule, execute and interpret experiments using complex biological systems (e.g. native tissue, cell culture, screening technologies).
- The desire to work in early phase drug discovery as applied to neurodegenerative disease.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this In Vitro Research Biologist (Drug Discovery) position, please contact Julie on 01438 870011 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference .