Senior Research Associate - Bioassays
CK Group are working in partnership with Avacta to recruit for a Senior Research Associate - Bioassays to join them at their site based in Cambridge on a permanent basis.
Avacta is developing Affimer https://avacta.com/therapeutics/affimer-technology/® bio-therapeutics to meet the growing demand for the next generation of drugs that will compete with monoclonal antibodies and other antibody mimetics, primarily in oncology. The Affimer technology is a novel protein scaffold based on the human protease inhibitor Stefin A. Key benefits of the Affimer technology are its small size, ease of formatting, high expression yields (even of large multimeric structures) and stability. Avacta are also developing a range of novel FAP-a activated pro-drug chemotherapeutics (pre|CISION https://avacta.com/therapeutics/precision/™ and TMAC™) that can be used as mono- or as combination therapies for the treatment of a wide range of cancers. Our first drug AVA6000, has recently beingapproved for clinical trials.
Avacta are conveniently in Cambridge, near Whittlesford Parkway station in state-of-the-art laboratories, offering an exciting and innovative environment where you will have the opportunity to develop your career.
Senior Research Associate - Bioassays Role:
Your main duties will be to:
- Perform assays including ELISA, flow cytometry assay and functional cell-based assays and based on protocols already established
- Maintain primary, transient or stable mammalian cell lines
- Support the routine lab work of the scientists in the team
- Maintain stocks of products needed for the work performed in the team and order the product if necessary
- Support the cell line development by performing routine Maxiprep and maintaining cell lines
- Maintain current and accurate laboratory records of all activities in lab notebooks and help to maintain a good quality of documentation (SOP, results, reports and presentations)
The ideal candidate for this role will have/be:
- A BSc or MSc in a biological discipline, ideally with some focus in cell biology, immunology or molecular biology
- Experienced in tissue culture (cell maintenance and aseptic techniques)• Motivated self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic and multicultural team environment with a conscientious attitude and enthusiasm
- Organised with an ability to work well under pressure and to challenging timelines• Inquisitive and creative thinking for problem solving
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Senior Research Associate - Bio-assays position, please contact Sarah Farrow on 0191 3706486 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 49980.