Senior Research Associate - Bioassays
CK Group are working in partnership with Avacta, a Cambridge based biotech, to recruit for a Senior Research Associate - Bioassays to join them at their site based in Cambridge on a permanent basis.
Avacta is developing Affimer bio-therapeutics to meet the growing demand for the next generation of drugs that will compete with monoclonal antibodies and other antibody mimetics, primarily in oncology with their first drug recently being approved for clinical trials.
Location:Avacta are conveniently in Cambridge, near Whittlesford Parkway station in state-of-the-art laboratories, offering an exciting and innovative environment where you will have the opportunity to develop your career.
Senior Research Associate - Bioassays Role:
Your main duties will be to:
- Perform assays including ELISA, flow cytometry and functional cell-based assays based on protocols already established
- Maintain primary, transient or stable mammalian cell lines and support the cellline development by performing routine Maxiprep
- Maintain stocks of products needed for the work performed in the team
- Maintain current and accurate laboratory records of all activities in lab notebooks
The ideal candidate for this role will have/be:
- A BSc or MSc in a biological discipline, ideally with some focus in cell biology, immunology or molecular biology
- Experienced in tissue culture (cell maintenance and aseptic techniques) and Floy Cytometry
- Motivated and enthusiastic self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively
- Organised with an ability to problem solve and work well under pressure to challenging timelines
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more informationor to apply for this Senior Research Associate - Bioassays position, please contact Mary Bolt on 01246 457729 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 50601.