Senior Production Manager - Middlesex
Jason Johal at CK Science is currently recruiting for a Senior Production Manager / Director to join a speciality pharmaceutical business that formulates niche molecules to improve and advance patient welfare. They are a privately owned pharmaceutical company which manufactures and distributes pharmaceutical and healthcare products to the UK market. They offer a wide range of products and services which include specials, generic drugs, branded medicines, parallel trade and over the counter (OTC) medicines. With over 1000 employees and still growing they believe that investing in their people has been the key to their success. This role will oversee the entire Production process for the Pharmaceutical Distribution and Processing of their products at their site in Middlesex. This role is offered on a full time permanent basis.
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Ensure that products are produced and stored according to the appropriate documentation in order to obtain the required quality;
- Approve the instructions relating to production operations and to ensure their strict implementation;
- Ensure that the production records are evaluated and signed by an authorised person before they are sent to the Quality Control Department;
- Check the maintenance of the department, premises and equipment;
- Ensure that the appropriate validations are done;
- Ensure that the required initial and continuing training of department personnel is carried out and adapted according to need
- Plan out production schedules
- Ensure that production is cost effective
- Ensure adequate material and personnel are available for manufacturing
- Monitor production process for quality and production rate, adjust schedule as necessary
- Supervise and monitor teams of workers
- Review worker performance
- Identify training needs
- Liaise with different departments to ensure the product is manufactured on time e.g. purchasing, QC, warehouse, dispatch etc.
- Authorise written procedures and other documents, including amendments;
- Monitor and control the manufacturing environment
- Approve and monitor contract manufacturers
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- The ability to manage your and employees time well
- Effective communication skills
- The ability to adapt to change
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- The ability to act decisively
- The ability to grasp concepts easily
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to communicate clearly and persuasively
- Excellent negotiating skills
- The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- The ability to motivate others
- Knowledge of non-sterile manufacturing methods (liquids, semi-solids and solid dosage forms)
- Preferable to have an understanding in formulation of above products
An interesting aspect of this role will be working with contractors and consultants to design and establish a new non sterile manufacturing facility.
If you are employed by this client you will be joining a pharmaceutical company that has continuously grown in a systematic and consistent manner expanding its product line by acquiring licenses rapidly. Currently, they have more than 2000 licenses with several licenses in the pipeline enabling them to provide more options to their customer base which includes 50% of the market share of the estimated 6000 UK independent pharmacists.
For more information or to apply for this Senior Production Manager position please contact Jason on +44 (0)1438 723 500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST33601 in all correspondence.