Senior Process Chemist
CK Group are recruiting for a Senior Process Chemist to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Macclesfield on a contract basis for 12 months.
- 17 - £21 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Design and implement new chemical routes and processes suitable for scale-up, with a focus on process understanding
- Be responsible for optimizing chemical manufacturing processes taking consideration of speed, quality, cost, sustainability, reproducibility and efficiency
- Collaborate closely with other scientists to contribute to the development of new medicines
- Assess and manage process risks arising from scale, equipment or process changes
- Support problem solvingwhen development or manufacturing issues arise
- May also work with third party organizations to develop and manufacture API processes
- A PhD in Organic Chemistry, or BSc/MSc with relevant industrial experience to an equivalent level
- Substantial experience in practical organic synthesis
- An excellent understanding of synthetic reagents and methodologies, reaction mechanisms and modern analytical techniques
- Lab-based pharmaceutical industry and/or process development experience, using a broad range of practical techniques
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex chemistry problems and provide solutions
Our client is a global pharmaceutical company with a major presence in the UK. Their purpose is to deliver life-changing medicines and to do this they are completely science-led and like to share this with the scientific, healthcare and business communities within the UK.
This Process Chemist role will be based at our clients site in Macclesfield, Cheshire.
For more information, please contact Dennis on 01438 870011 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 51696. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.