Senior Physical Testing Engineer (Internal Sales)
Victoria Walker at CK Science is recruiting for a Senior Physical Testing Engineer (Internal Sales) to join a leading organisation specialising in rubber, plastic & composite testing & manufacture, on a full time, permanent basis based in Shropshire.As a Senior Physical Testing Engineer (Internal Sales), the main purpose of your role will be to provide technical expertise in the field of polymer materials and polymer test methods and effectively communicate this to clients; provide project leadership where required and support to the laboratory where required; assist the laboratory manager to provide training and mentoring to laboratory staff to assure the development of department capability; be the hub for communication between clients and the laboratories to assure optimisation of throughput and on time delivery of work packages.
Further responsibilities of this Senior Physical Testing Engineer (Internal Sales) will include:
- Response to clients in the preparation of project budgets - preparation and delivery of accurate proposals to external clients, within two days of receipt of all required information
- Win rate of quoted projects to clients - technical expertise, commercial astuteness and timely professional communication employed, to achieve a sale from 70% of quoted opportunities
- Seeking to understand the clients' need and facilitates, with the laboratory and external providers, the production of accurate test programmes, pricing and delivery schedules
- Preparing test programme budgets and preparing written proposals for clients
- Create, maintain and develop models and libraries as to continually improve the sales process
- Provide team cover arrangements where required
- Identify and lead the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
- Assist with ensuring that the relevant quality accreditation is maintained through full procedural compliance
- Liaise with the Quality team, as appropriate, to ensure efficient implementation of internal and external audits
As a Senior Physical Testing Engineer (Internal Sales), you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree or equivalent in Materials Science or Physics or can demonstrate proven industrial experience
- Demonstrated scientific knowledge and experience in the physical characterisation of materials
- Demonstrated project management techniques and experience of managing multiple projects through to completion
- Has demonstrated commercial awareness in a previous role
- Has a clear understanding of great customer service and acts with confidence when interacting with clients
- Ability to work autonomously to achieve role KPI's
- Masters / PhD with a materials specialism or applied Physics Applied mathematics or statistics
- Knowledge of applied engineering across disciplines such as pressure and instrumentation
- Applied knowledge of six sigma techniques
- Foreign language (French / German / Spanish)
As Senior Physical Testing Engineer (Internal Sales) you will be working with a leading organisation specialising in rubber, plastic & composite testing & manufacture.
- Reports to: Laboratory / Technical Manager
- Department: Materials Testing
- The company offers a pension scheme; life assurance; private healthcare; 25 days holiday + BHs; and somewhat flexible working hours
- The company are flexible regarding seniority for this role; it would suit either someone with a doctorate with some customer facing experience, or alternatively an experienced candidate with sound commercial awareness
- Please note that there will be no hands on work required in this role, it is Internal Sales only (technical service/advice).
- Interviews will take place from 24 August onwards and will consist of a first stage telephone interview, followed by a 2nd stage face to face interview on site including practical tests
- Experience with polymer and physical testing (tensile, modulus, stress etc.), customer liaison, commercial awareness and the ability to drive are all essential requirements for this role; a degree or higher qualification in materials science/physics (not chemistry) would also be highly advantageous as would be experience of having worked to UKAS standards
- There will be some international travel required in this role
For more information or to apply for this Senior Polymer Testing Engineer (Internal Sales) position please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH33607 in all correspondence.