Senior Pharmaceutical Microbiology Analyst, Derbs.
Naynesh Mistry at CK Science is recruiting for a Senior Pharmaceutical Microbiology Analyst to join a leading contract testing company based in Derbyshire, on a full time, permanent basis.
The responsibilities of this Senior Pharmaceutical Microbiology Analyst will include:
- Acting as technical advisor by providing technical advice, support guidance and expertise to customers, lab staff and management.
- Acting as deputy to the Laboratory Manager.
- Taking responsibility for the maintenance of systems, methods and control data.
- Informing Senior Management of any eventuality that may adversely affect the quality of the work performed or the service provided to customers.
- Being responsible for the technical content of the testing carried out in the Pharmaceutical Microbiology laboratory.
- Overseeing or performing testing, as appropriate, and ensuring that such testing is performed correctly and within the agreed schedule.
- Assisting with the management and maintenance of accreditation with all regulatory bodies including MHRA and UKAS.
- Ensuring a full awareness of the requirements of cGMP, UKAS, Standard Test Methods and Operating Procedures and to work in compliance with the requirements of cGMP.
- Liaising closely with other departmental managers to ensure the smooth running of the Microbiology department.
- Observing all rules relating to Health and Safety and to ensure that these rules are enforced within the department.
- Maintaining laboratory documentation to a satisfactory standard.
- Ensuring that all areas within the department are maintained in a clean and tidy condition at all times.
As a Senior Pharmaceutical Microbiology Analyst, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree (BSc) or equivalent or higher in microbiology
- Must have extensive knowledge of cGMP
- Must have experience of working in a fast paced pharmaceutical microbiology quality / safety testing environment
- You will be a successful Senior Analyst and will be able to demonstrate significant knowledge of the following pharmaceutical microbiology tests:
- LAL / Endotoxin
- Preservative Efficacy Testing (PET) / Challenge Tests
- Sterility testing
- TVC Testing
- General Pharmaceutical Microbiology testing
- Be able to demonstrate experience of having worked in a regulatory environment at a senior laboratory operations level with experience ideally gained in a CRO environment
- Have experience of providing advice to colleagues and troubleshooting issues
- It is desirable that this person will have experience of mentoring and coaching junior staff members
- This candidate must have strong demonstrable knowledge of GMP, and experience of regulatory / MHRA inspections and audits
As Senior Pharmaceutical Microbiology Analyst you will be working with a leading contract testing company based in Derbyshire.
- Reporting into the Head of Department, the successful applicant will work within a small team.
- The lab environment is state of the art with new lab equipment including a brand new sterility suite.
For more information or to apply for this Senior Pharmaceutical Microbiology Analyst position please contact Naynesh Mistry on 01246 457700 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH34434 in all correspondence.