Senior Organic Scale Up Chemist
Are you an industry experienced chemist who is passionate about organic chemistry? I am currently recruiting for a Senior Organic Scale Up Chemist to join a chemicals manufacturing company based in Greater Birmingham, on a full time, permanent basis.This company produces a wide range of speciality chemicals for numerous industries. They are able to manufacture custom products as well as provide process optimisation. As a Senior Research and Development Chemist, the company is able to offer a salary in the region of £26-29,000 per annum depending on experience and benefits include free life assurance cover and generous paid sick scheme (both after a qualifying period). They also provide access to a stakeholder pension scheme, a voluntary employee benefits scheme and a voluntary medical cash benefit plan.
Further responsibilities of this Senior Organic Scale Up Chemist will be to:
- work in the new products section of the department
- hands on organic synthesis at bench scale
- evaluate and cost initial customer enquiries
- develop a robust process suitable for scale up
- produce small scale samples for internal and external evaluation
- scale up to pilot plant and production
- liaise with customers
- participate in conference calls, customer visits and exhibitions
- deliver project presentations
- travel with work both nationally and overseas when necessary
As a Senior R&D Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry - essential
- MSc or PhD in organic chemistry desirable
- proven industry experience of synthetic organic chemistry, project management and scale up - all essential
- Passionate about organic chemistry
- Interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel with work
For more information or to apply for this Senior Organic Scale Up Chemist position please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 47176 in all correspondence.