Senior Microbiologist - Grimsby
Naynesh Mistry at CK Science is currently recruiting for a Senior Microbiologist to join a leading food and water testing services company based in Grimsby on a permanent basis.
As Senior Microbiologist you will be helping to manage one of the largest food testing laboratories in Europe and your main responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the day to day point of contact for all Microbiology customer queries, delivering results and their interpretations, handling queries and anomalies, proactively managing customer expectations through effective communication.
- Acting as a liaison between customers and internal personnel to effectively manage anticipated changes in workload, both volume of samples and nature of tests, to ensure resources are available and satisfactory through active dialogue with senior colleagues.
- Working with microbiology stakeholders in developing methods and advancing our technical systems, to include overseeing method validation and assisting the Site Quality Manager for Microbiology with any technical requirements.
- Assisting the Microbiology Operations Manager with customer audits and customer visits, and actively participate in any 3rd Party audits when required.
- Deputising for either of the two Shift Laboratory Managers on their respective shifts covering holidays and any continuous periods of absence.
The successful Senior Microbiologist will have the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
- A relevant qualification in a related discipline such as Microbiology is preferable for this role as is previous direct experience of relevant techniques.
- Significant experience, track record and knowledge within the Microbiology or Laboratory Management environment will be a distinct advantage.
You must have previous experience of working in high volume contract testing laboratories, as well as experience of developing methods and working in an accredited laboratory.
Our client is looking for a professional candidate with a solid understanding of processes and someone who can coach, delegate and support business needs.
- This is an excellent opportunity to help develop and integrate new and emerging technology such as genetic based methods (PCR, RNA analysis, whole genome, etc.) while developing strong working relationships with a diverse range of clients through client visits, in house tours/tutorials, seminars and exhibitions.
- You will be part of a much wider Health Science organisation with access to other food, water, environmental and pharmaceutical laboratories globally.
If successful you will be joining a leading Food and Water testing companies in the UK.
To apply for this Senior Microbiologist position contact Naynesh Mistry via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01246 457700. Alternatively please click on the link below.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference SH33507 in all correspondence.