Senior Micro Optics Research Scientist
CK Science are recruiting for a Senior Micro Optics Research Scientist to join a polymers and materials manufacturing company in the security industry at their site based near Basingstoke, on a full time, permanent basis.
The Company: Our client has an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Research Scientist to join their highly experienced team to research and evaluate opportunities to exploit real-time laser patterning or processing to form variable image microstructure, micro patterns or base feature effects. The company offers a competitive salary, dependant on experience, as well as 26 days holiday + bank holidays, holiday buy/ sell scheme, pension scheme, bonus scheme, healthcare scheme, life assurance, share scheme, free on site parking, subsidised restaurant and plenty more benefits.
Location: This Senior Micro Optics Research Scientist role is located near Basingstoke in Hampshire, and is accessible via road from Reading, Southampton, Slough, Guildford and more.
The Role: Your main duties will be to:
- Work with the IP department to survey competitive landscape in order to determine freedom to operate new IP Opportunities.
- Conduct internal research and prototyping activities to demonstrate core image characteristics and opportunities associated with emergent micro patterning or lithography.
- Assess the platform potential of identified technologies in terms of functionality and critical barriers to adoptions as an internal imaging or patterning capability.
- Identify necessary capital expenditure needed to move from prototyping to a new internal micro imaging or patterning capability.
- Lead first generation product development from idea to completion and lead project teams and stakeholder management.
- Work with stage gate development process utilising appropriate Six Sigma and APQP methodology.
- Provide technical support to R&D function in relevant technical areas to include troubleshooting, bid support and training.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Micro optics experience - essential.
- Experience of bringing products to 1st generation (prototype) and then handing over to the development team - essential.· Experience of lythography/microscopic patterns - essential.
- Able to read and understand publications and read patterns - essential.
- Able to lead work streams - essential.
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Physics preferably; Chemistry or Material Science will be considered.
- Able to interpret technical problems and explain key points to non-technical parties.
- Able to travel and work away from home for short periods of time.
For more information or to apply for this Senior Micro Optics Research Scientist position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email email@example.com, quoting job reference 48134.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please note that successful candidates will be subject to security screening including a criminal record check and credit reference check.