Senior Mathematician - County Durham
Sarah Farrow at CK Science is recruiting for a Senior Mathematician on behalf of an innovative diagnostic technology developer to be based at their site in County Durham on a permanent basis.
Our client is in the advanced stages of commercialisation of their patented X-ray detector technology for use in the X-ray imaging market. Their flagship product will be used in improving diagnostic image quality, adding new diagnostic outputs to support in early detection and diagnosis of disease. You will be joining an ambitious multi-disciplinary team of Scientists, Mathematicians, Software Engineers and Business Professionals.
This role is located on the NETPark estate, which is an internationally recognised hub for science and technology companies, based in the heart of North East England. The site is easily accessible by car from the A1 and the A19, and has good public transport links across the region. There is ample free car parking available on site.The Role:
The main purpose of your role will be to develop core algorithms within the product, and guiding future research and product development to meet customer needs. The successful candidate will be a significant contributor to innovation and product development teams.
Your duties will include:
- Taking a lead role in delivery of the R&D component of internal projects.
- Assisting the CTO in setting, and driving forward the development roadmap, to translate customer requirements into R&D priorities.
- Contributing to the innovation team, focusing on new algorithm development and improvement of existing algorithms.
- Designing computationally efficient algorithms, which can be optimised to run under demanding time constraints.
- Designing methods to efficiently access the power of monte carlo simulations.
To be considered for the position, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified to PhD level (or possess equivalent experience) in mathematics, statistics, theoretical physics, or another relevant discipline.
- Excellent knowledge and working competency in scientific programming (using MATLAB, Fortran, Python or R).
The client offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package, including share options, Life Insurance and company pension
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Sarah Farrow on 0191 3848905 or email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44680 in all correspondence.