Senior Lab Analyst
Natalie Wood is recruiting for a Senior Laboratory Analyst to join an analytical testing company at their site based in Surrey on a permanent basis
Our client provides quality and quantity measurement, inspection, and laboratory testing services to the global oil, gas, petrochemical, petroleum refining & distribution, natural gas, biofuels, marine, and chemicals industries.
This role is located in Surrey inside the M25, the site is easily commutable from Central London and the South East.
We are recruiting for a Senior Laboratory Analyst to provide analysis and testing to internationally recognised standards such as ASTM and IP. The successful candidate will be using an extensive range of analytical techniques and provides analytical services to customers in the petrochemical and chemicals industry. You will provide physical and chemical analysis for the support of customer programs in compliance with ISO 17025 requirements.
Your main duties will be:
- Preparation of samples for analysis
- Responsible for working as part of a small team to ensure analyses are accurately and in line with national and international standards.
- Coordination of the backlog in conjunction with line managers to ensure the fastest possible turnaround.
- Working according to company health and safety procedures to ensure safe operation of the laboratory.
- Maintaining a neat and orderly laboratory environment.
- Performing routine instrument calibration and maintenance.
- Checking and reporting of data to the customer
- Deputising for the Laboratory Supervisor when required.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Good IT literacy skills
- Educated to Degree level, or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience of running standard ASTM/IP methodologies on fuels, lubricants and water or use of microscopes is preferable but not essential as full training will be given.
- Experience of working in an ISO 17025 and ISO 14001 laboratory is desirable.
- Good laboratory skills and manual dexterity
A competitive salary will be offered depending on experience.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Natalie Wood on 01246 457723 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46303 in all correspondence.