Senior LCMS Scientist - Cambridgeshire
Jason Johal is currently recruiting for a Senior LCMS Scientist to join a Sport and Specialised Analytical Services company that provides a range of contract analytical services.
Primary testing activities include the analysis of drugs and substances prohibited in sport within a range of sample matrices, including biological samples (equine and canine) and complex nutritional supplements. The Contract Research Team operates across a variety of services, predominantly in the areas of nutritional biomarkers and healthcare. The Team also supports R&D efforts within other teams where necessary. This role is offered on a full time permanent basis with a salary of £30,000 - £40,000.
The department studies a diverse range of analytes and as such utilises a wide range of analytical technologies, including high resolution accurate mass, GC-MS, LC-MS, ICP-MS and clinical analysis.
The role sits within a project based team, developing, validating and running analytical methods across a variety of matrices via the use of a number of instrumental techniques, including chromatography and mass spectrometry. The role will also involve evaluation of new and existing technologies, interaction with clients, interpretation of scientific data, production of comprehensive scientific reports and presentation of data to internal and external audiences. Projects should be delivered on time and to the requirements set by clients, regulatory bodies and quality systems.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Provision of scientific leadership within the laboratory
- Planning and conducting analytical work using appropriate techniques and in accord with the appropriate regulatory standards
- Development and validation of assays, including sample extraction, chromatography and mass spectrometry
- Analysis of samples using LC-MS and/or GC-MS techniques
- Critical assessment and interpretation of scientific data
- Production of scientific reports and peer-reviewed papers
- As part of the team, ensure that operational targets are met and exceeded where possible
- Presentation of scientific data to internal and external audiences
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Sound scientific knowledge with practical experience of chromatography and mass spectrometry, including method development
- Ability to act as a reference point to assist colleagues operationally and scientifically
- Ability to make rational and timely decisions, using knowledge, experience and advice
- Ability to interpret, and draw conclusions from scientific evidence.
- History of publication within peer-reviewed journals or production of scientific reports
- Knowledge of quality systems (ISO 17025 or GLP) is desirable
If successful you will be joining an international group that prides itself on being the international standard in this and several other fields. With well-equipped laboratory facilities including state of the art analytical instrumentation this is an excellent opportunity to take on a role where you can continue to develop your expertise whilst working on projects from conception to completion.
For more information or to apply for this Senior LCMS Scientist position please contact Jason on +44 (0)1438 723 500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST38830 in all correspondence.