Senior Innovation & Development Chemist - London
Matthew Sullivan is currently recruiting for a Senior Innovation & Development Chemist to join a leading supplier of colour and art material products based in London. This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis.
The main focus of this role will be surrounding one of the company's face and body painting brands, so the ideal candidate will have a strong background in Cosmetics, as well as colour formulations.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Focus on New Product Development, Product Industrialisation, Research, Collaboration.
- Advise on current Cosmetic International Regulations, to ensure full compliance with the company's products, the core regulations are considered to be EU: 1223/2009EC, US: FD&C act, title 21, subchapter VI, Canada: C.R.C. 869.
- Complete strategic development projects set, whilst meeting the requirements and time targets set by the Company's Executive.
- Possess a high level understanding of individual raw materials and their interactions. Have the ability to utilise this knowledge and creatively develop innovative new products, meeting or exceeding requirements of the project brief. This will require the candidate to continually develop and maintain their personal knowledge.
- Provide technical support at the point of manufacture during new product launches. Provide guidance and training to factory operatives.
- Garner expertise in entering new formulations accurately onto the global system, detailing formulation raw materials, product codes, manufacturing stages, manufacturing equipment and quality control parameters.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Developing in depth awareness of the global art materials market.
- Developing innovative new products, and liasing with artists to ensure they meet the requirements.
- Working closely with the Regulatory department to ensure all quality procedures are met.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A degree (or equivalent experience) in Chemistry, Material Science, or related subject.
- Industry experience in a Cosmetic company, with a primary focus on skin care products would be advantageous.
- Industry experience in a relevant area, such as surface coatings or paints.
- Experienced in developing formulations.
- Competent Computer skills.
- Industry knowledge and interest.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a unique company at the top of their respective field, and in return they are offering a salary of £40,000 - £45,000 per annum, dependant upon experience, plus an excellent benefits package.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Matthew Sullivan on 01438 768712 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST38304 in all correspondence.