Senior Food Scientist – Ingredients - Gloucestershire
Naynesh Mistry is recruiting for an Senior Scientist/ Team Leader to work for a Food and Drinks R&D company based in Gloucestershire, on a full time, permanent basis. This client provides scientific, technical, and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide.
This role is within the Ingredients Research Team. The work of the ingredients research team frequently involves collaboration with academic partners so the candidate must be ready to operate at the interface between academics and industry. A broad ranging knowledge of food ingredients is highly desirable. Specific knowledge of chocolate processing technology would be advantageous. On offer is a competitive salary plus benefits.
To oversee, plan, resource and execute a range of applied trials relating to ingredients research.
To grow the technical capabilities of the section, develop new business, build industrial and academic links, manage projects from scoping to delivery and contribute in the development of junior members of staff.
Whilst not a sales role, the ideal candidate must be happy operating as a consultant i.e. establishing what each client requires and then developing a compelling proposal that meets the client's needs. The role requires a candidate that is comfortable proactively generating new business leads.
Main Duties include:
- Working with clients and colleagues to identify new project opportunities (5%)
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with clients and current and potential collaborators (5%)
- Preparing project proposals, identifying funding opportunities and securing funding (15%)
- Managing quality and pace of execution of projects (40%)
- Promoting the services of the department externally (5%)
- Identifying opportunities for business growth (15%)
- Developing own technical expertise appropriate to role (15%)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Degree or equivalent in relevant subject - Science, food science
- Time management and financial awareness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project and resource management
- Technical knowledge of relevant food industries
- Broad knowledge of ingredients functionalities
- Expertise in chocolate technology desirable
- Comfortable in a client facing consultancy role
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Naynesh Mistry on 01246 457700 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CH41684 in all correspondence.